Migration from Miniflux 1.2.x¶
Miniflux 2.x is not backward compatible with Miniflux 1.x.
Differences between Miniflux 1.2 and Miniflux 2.0¶
- Miniflux 2 supports multiple attachments.
- Miniflux 2 uses categories instead of groups, only one category can be assigned to a feed.
- Miniflux 2 have fewer settings.
- Miniflux 2 doesn’t have public RSS feed or cronjobs.
- Miniflux 2 doesn’t use API tokens anymore, for the Fever API, choose your own password and for the REST API use your account password.
- Miniflux 2 stores favicons into the database instead of using the local filesystem.
- Miniflux 2 themes are embedded into the application.
- Miniflux 2 doesn’t support RTL languages.
- Miniflux 2 supports only Postgresql.
- Miniflux 2 is written in Go (Golang) instead of PHP.
If you don’t care about your previous data, export your feeds from Miniflux 1.x in OPML and import them into Miniflux 2.
There is a migration script in Miniflux Legacy repository:
- This script requires direct access to the old and the new database.
- The first group linked to a feed will become the category associated with the imported feed.
- Only bookmarked items are migrated.
- Since entries are not identified in the same way in Miniflux 2, you may have duplicated entries when refreshing your imported feeds.
Make sure you are using the latest version of Miniflux 1.2.x.
Install Miniflux 2 without creating any users. Create only the database schema (just run the migrations).
Go into the Miniflux 1.2.x directory and run the script:
php scripts/migrate-v2.php --dsn="pgsql:host=localhost;dbname=miniflux2;user=postgres;password=postgres" Destination is "pgsql:host=localhost;dbname=miniflux2;user=postgres;password=postgres" * 2 user(s) to migrate * Migrating user: #254 => #284 * Migrating integrations * Migrating categories * Migrating feeds * Migrating entries [...]
The script takes the PDO DSN of Miniflux 2 database as argument. Adjust the parameters to your own environment.